17.11.15 at 9:15 PM with
love live!: nishikino maki nendroid from amiami for ‎¥2740 before shipping.


some backstory: if you know me, I'm actually a very casual anime fan, but since the beginning of 2015 I've been sucked into school idol hell via love live school idol festival. I play the rhythm game constantly (shameless plug: you can find me on schoolido.lu), watched both anime seasons within 3 days and even went to the movie premiere in San Diego and got a Nico board. so yeah, I'm in pretty deep. I actually never even considered getting into collecting merchandise, let alone nendroids or figurines since those can cost a fortune in the long run. however, a friend of mine linked this to me and I ended up pre-ordering immediately.

after maki was released, it took about 2 weeks to arrive at my house. however, I was actually on vacation when she arrived so I ended having to go get the package from the post office when I got back.

packaged with care, and with extra cardboard to reduce any damage done during transit.

also came with a thank you note from amiami. the art is very cute, if I do say so myself.

maki is number 516 in the nendroid line, and definitely not the last.




the box itself has a lot of information, such as which series she's from, along with the various different expressions and poses you can make and do.


specifications
• Pre-painted Posable Figure 
• Size: Approx. H100mm (non-scale) 
• Material: ABS & Non-phthalate PVC 

set contents
• Main figure
• Base
• Smiling face
• Embarrassed expression
• Arm parts

details:
• Sculptor: Itashi Katahara
• Production Cooperation: Nendron


From the popular anime series "Love Live!" comes a Nendoroid of the cool, confident and somewhat sarcastic mu's member who composes the group's songs - Nishikino Maki! She has been sculpted wearing her outfit used in the song "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de" and comes with both a smiling expression that shows off her beauty, as well as an embarrassed expression with downcast eyes. 
She can also be posed as if playing with her hair, which along with the embarrassed expression allows you to enjoy Maki trying her best to hide her embarrassment! Be sure to display her together with the other members of mu's!
all the parts were packaged in this secure plastic, and it was a lot easier to get the parts out than I actually anticipated. you just push from behind and the pieces pop out! just gotta be careful though, you don't want to lose an arm or a leg (literally.)

it took me forever to figure out how to attach her to the stand, but after a couple of trials and errors, I think it's okay. or at least secure, since she doesn't wobble or anything LOL. I think the only issue I had was attaching the hat, since it has a little slip of plastic attached underneath to slip in between the 2 hair pieces, but when I was trying to attach it, it kept falling off. eventually I figured out how to make it stay without glue or otherwise, it was still quite trying.

she's so tiny and adorable! my cousins got me a matching keychain when they were in Japan, so these 2 maki's now just hang out with each other on my desk. 

I tried to keep this 'review' as casual as possible, so forgive me that I don't go into much detail at all. overall, I find that the nendroid I got was of good quality. there weren't any issues with her parts when I was putting her together and there weren't any noticeable defects with the plastic or the paint. I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing another nendroid in the future, however, since maki was nearly $50 with shipping but I'll definitely consider another one if it's super cute. but as a first nendroid, I definitely do think that she was worth the investment since she is, after all, my best girl!

Labels: , , , ,



最纯真的梦想 已被遗忘在身旁, 跌跌撞撞 反复期望又失望
hello, welcome to my blog. you can call me diana. i'll mostly be posting reviews, hauls, about my travels and the like here.

the past
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.